AN INTRODUCTION TO HRDC+ (HAUL ROAD DUST SUPRESSION)
HRDC+ (haul road dust management) is a road dust supression and dust-wetting additive consisting of a special blend of surfactants, which increase the ability of water to penetrate the road surface to assist with the suppression of dust. The use of wetting additives increases surface drying times and reduces water application frequencies allowing a single water bowser to cover much greater areas. HRDC+ has cumulative effect with each new application of treated water boosting any residual material from previous applications. This residual product is also activated by rainfall and will further assist surface water to be absorbed into the road layer and loose dust rather than running off or creating puddles.
HRDC+ is highly concentrated and is added directly to any standard water bowser at a rate of 1:5000.
- Construction Sites
- Haul Roads
- Temporary Stockpiles
- Parking Areas
- Mine Dumps and workings
Advantages of using HRDC+
- Increases the wetting and penetration ability of water by over 100%.
- Causes a deep moisture penetration into dust and the roadbed.
- Binds and agglomerates fine particles.
- Suitable for use with a variety of materials with compositions and characteristics.
- Contains non-volatile materials which attract both dust particles and water.
- Easy to apply, no specialised equipment required.
- Reduces water’s tension which causes water to spread in much smaller droplets.
- Roads can be trafficked immediately.
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic and non-hazardous.